Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Exam 1z0-147 and autonomous transactions in triggers
Exam 1z0-147 and autonomous transactions in triggers [message #413245] Tue, 14 July 2009 23:59 Go to next message
stevoarnold
hi all,

I am taking my 1z0-147 exam soon and I would like to know if anyone can help me out with this dilema.

all the practice material I have used (including the OCP PL/SQL Developer Program Units Exam Guide) states that transactional statements such as COMMIT cannot be performed inside a trigger. However this is not completely true as you can perform commits and other ddl etc inside a trigger if you declare it as an autonomous transaction...

I would like to know if anyone can reccommend which approach I should take for answering the real exam questions. which answer is right?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Re: Exam 1z0-147 and autonomous transactions in triggers [message #413248 is a reply to message #413245] Wed, 15 July 2009 00:01 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
However this is not completely true as you can perform commits and other ddl etc inside a trigger if you declare it as an autonomous transaction...

So the sentence is true, you don't commit or roll back the current transaction but another one which is spawned by the autonomous_transaction pragma.

Regards
Michel

Previous Topic: Pass Variable to cursor
Next Topic: Calculating Average Days (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 12:45:21 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07646 seconds