Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » ORA-01092 Oracle instance terminated, disconnection forced (merged)
ORA-01092 Oracle instance terminated, disconnection forced (merged) [message #407566] Wed, 10 June 2009 09:45 Go to next message
woudy65
Dear all,

We use a copy of our PROD database for testing purposes.
We make a hard offline physical backup.
This backup is used as starting point of the TEST database.
This worked fine until now.
Copied all files from source DB to TEST db with the exception of the init.ora and controlfiles.
Then I do in sqlplus
startup nomount pfile=f:\oradb\test\inittest.ora
@f:\oradb\test\ccftest.sql (creating controlfiles)
alter database open resetlogs;

I will eventually get an ORA-01194 pointing to an inconsistent file f:\oradb\test\system01.dbf

checked with sql statements which logfiles were needed.
Did
recover database until cancel using backup controlfile
Did this twice with both found redo logs until I got the message Log applied. Media recovery complete.
Cheered and was very proud on myself but whenever I try to use the alter database open resetlogs I will be back were I started.

HELP!!

TIA

Hans Woudenberg
Re: ORA-01092 Oracle instance terminated, disconnection forced [message #407601 is a reply to message #407566] Wed, 10 June 2009 11:43 Go to previous message
babuknb

>>We make a hard offline physical backup.

Your taking offline backup from your source machine (Cold backup). Why you want to re-create your control file?

Try this.

1/ Try to restore your all datafile,redo & control file from source to target machine

2/ Try to restore your init.ora , pwd file from source to target

3/ Create Instance using ORADIM command.

4/ Start your database.

Thanks
Previous Topic: DBPITR
Next Topic: Daily database backup runnig on RAC 10.2.0.3 with two Solaris nodes & ASM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:18:51 CDT 2024