Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » File read error... plz help
File read error... plz help [message #41368] Mon, 23 December 2002 00:48 Go to next message
venkatesh
i am getting the following error when i try to read the content of the file from pl/sql block.. wht could be the problem...

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception

can anybody help me in this...

thanx in advance.
regards
venkatesh
Re: File read error... plz help [message #41370 is a reply to message #41368] Mon, 23 December 2002 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rick Cale
A little more information pleases such as Oracle version,OS, code sample. Do you have standard I/O exception handlers which would give a little more clue as to the problem. It is impossible to tell other than guess. It could be invalid file spec,read privs,etc.
Re: File read error... plz help [message #41378 is a reply to message #41368] Tue, 24 December 2002 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venkatesh
i have declared a variable for file and just trying to open it.... nothing else. just 2 lines of code. but it gives error at the line where the file is opened.

the operating system i use is windows NT.
and i have given read only permission for the file...

i think these information would be enough....

thanx in advance, rick
venkatesh
I found the solution myself [message #41379 is a reply to message #41368] Tue, 24 December 2002 03:38 Go to previous message
venkatesh
actually the server resides in some other machine and i am trying to access a file which resides in local machine ( ie. my machine). that is not possible. it is possible to access only the files from the server machine where oracle server resides...

now it works fine. anyway thanx for ur response, rick.

venkatesh
Previous Topic: Help on Locking
Next Topic: How to return cursor from a stored procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 18:42:36 CDT 2024