Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » How to check procedures running sequences
How to check procedures running sequences [message #406942] Sun, 07 June 2009 21:57 Go to next message
carillpower

Hi all guru's...

I got doubt here...actualy how to check the sequence flow of running procedures?? Like how to know which process run first

Thanks an advance for all the help...tq2 Smile
Re: How to check procedures running sequences [message #406943 is a reply to message #406942] Sun, 07 June 2009 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
> Like how to know which process run first
The top line runs first.

You need to help us by following the Posting Guidelines as stated below.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: How to check procedures running sequences [message #406944 is a reply to message #406942] Sun, 07 June 2009 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Quote:
how to check the sequence flow of running procedures?? Like how to know which process run first

How we know about your procedures?

Regards
Sriram
Re: How to check procedures running sequences [message #406977 is a reply to message #406942] Mon, 08 June 2009 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carillpower

Thanks for helping...ok, here are 1 of my procs...hope it helps

create or replace procedure PROC_SCRAMBLE_NUM (table_name in varchar2, have in varchar2) as

-- Put table_name column as table that want to change
-- Put Y or y if the table have first_nam and last_nam column

begin

execute immediate '
update '||table_name||' set member_ssn = employee_id';

/*If the table have first name and last name column, it will did the code */

if ((have = 'Y') or (have = 'y')) then

execute immediate '
update '||table_name||' set first_nam = translate(first_nam, ''abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'', ''xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'')
, last_nam = translate(last_nam, ''abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'', ''xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'')';

end if;

dbms_output.put_line('scramble done');

end PROC_SCRAMBLE_NUM;
Re: How to check procedures running sequences [message #406978 is a reply to message #406977] Mon, 08 June 2009 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
delna.sexy
Use PUT_LINE method of DBMS_OUTPUT package to trace.
Or you can create one table and use insert statements in procedures you are calling.

regards,
Delna
Re: How to check procedures running sequences [message #406984 is a reply to message #406977] Mon, 08 June 2009 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
carillpower wrote on Mon, 08 June 2009 08:45

execute immediate '
update '||table_name||' set member_ssn = employee_id';

So, you don't know the table name, but you do know that it has a column named member_ssn?!
Horrible design, however seen it before. In my particular case, there was only one table that could be considered the "active" table at a time; its name was made up from some sequence number (don't start; 3rd party software).
The way we handled it to circumvent the dynamic sql was to create a view (that has a constant name) over the complete table.
Every time the name of the active table changed, we redefined the view.
Re: How to check procedures running sequences [message #406987 is a reply to message #406942] Mon, 08 June 2009 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
carillpower wrote on Mon, 08 June 2009 03:57

I got doubt here...actualy how to check the sequence flow of running procedures?? Like how to know which process run first

Well, the procedure that you show us doesn't call any other procedures. Presumably, you either have a script or a procedure that calls other procedures. Have a look there.
Re: How to check procedures running sequences [message #407244 is a reply to message #406984] Tue, 09 June 2009 04:27 Go to previous message
carillpower

Hi Frank, actually this proc is to change data in inserted table...so previously i have to notice first which table that have column member_ssn. Razz
Previous Topic: SQL & PL/SQL (merged 2)
Next Topic: how much capacity to store data in oracle?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 05:28:44 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.24397 seconds