Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Attention Todd Barry or Andrew
Attention Todd Barry or Andrew [message #41298] Mon, 16 December 2002 08:06 Go to next message
Madhan G
I have a Stored Procedure name stored in a table. I have to store that SP name from that table in a variable and use that variable along with the required parameters to execute it. It is not allowing me to do that.
How can i do that?
Re: Dynamic SQL [message #41302 is a reply to message #41298] Mon, 16 December 2002 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd Barry
declare
  v_sp  user_objects.object_name%type;
  v_p1  pls_integer := 1;
  v_p2  varchar2(3) := 'abc';
begin
  select sp_name
    into v_sp
    from t
   where ...;

execute immediate 'begin ' || v_sp || '(:p1, :p2); end;' using v_p1, v_p2;
end;
/
Re: Attention Todd Barry or Andrew [message #41327 is a reply to message #41298] Wed, 18 December 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a
Madhan Ganapathy,

Why dont you address your mail to personal address of these guys? From the subject of your mail, one cannot underderstand head or tail about your problem. take my advice, learn some soft skills before you start learning Oracle. This is ORAFAQ and not a help center hosted by Todd and Andrew. Todd/Andrew, you guys are doing a great job, no offence meant to you guys.
Re: Attention Todd Barry or Andrew [message #41363 is a reply to message #41327] Sat, 21 December 2002 21:14 Go to previous message
Madhan G
this is a reply to someone called "A". sorry mr/ms A. im not very much aware of things here. ive been guided by my mates here to give the subject in such a fashion. anyway thanks for ur advice and will try to follow that in my future postings.
Previous Topic: Very newbie requires help
Next Topic: Can anyone help me code a simple function?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 19:29:39 CDT 2024