Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Session Locks... Please help this is urgent... merged
Session Locks... Please help this is urgent... merged [message #405483] Thu, 28 May 2009 00:50 Go to next message

I've created web application in ASP.NET and I'm connecting to one of our Oracle server which resides in other country. I only have read access to it. I can only do select statements.

After couple of months that the application was running, their database admin told me that my application was creating session locks in the database.

I only have 4 select statements that's connection to their oracle server. Below one of the query that I'm using.

IDataReader r = null;
using (OracleConnection conn = new OracleConnection(this.ConnectionString))
string _return;
OracleCommand command = new OracleCommand("select site from mashreq_employees where employee_code='" + emplid + "'", conn);
r = this.ExecuteReader(command);
if (r.Read())
_return = r.ToString();
_return = "";
return _return;
if (r != null)

My question is, Can I create Session Locks even if I'm only using SELECT STATEMENT?

They send me the screen shot of their Enterprise Manager but I cannot paste it here. The Lock Type was "TX".

Please help me...

Re: Session Locks... Please help this is urgent... merged [message #405613 is a reply to message #405483] Thu, 28 May 2009 11:07 Go to previous message
This might help:
Previous Topic: On Button Trigger If Tab Page = My page then New_form('e:\new.fmx')
Next Topic: How to create a Stacked Canvas in a TAB Canvas?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 21 15:56:43 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10973 seconds