Home » Server Options » Replication » Alternate Solution for Materialized views (9i)
Alternate Solution for Materialized views [message #403665] Sun, 17 May 2009 23:51 Go to next message
shekhar.salunkhe
Hi ALL

I have a Problem regarding Data Replication, I am using Standard Version of Oracle 9i,I am having 5 remote servers , I am replicating the data from all of these servers using Materialized views on a Centralized server , I have created 5 schema for them, there is a application which is Consolidating the Data from all the locations. When I create materialized views from these Materialized views I am facing problems to Fast refresh them as I am using "Union All" to combine data of all Users (Error is ora -12004) . I would like to know that is there any other way to do this, also I have tried all the ways to solve the problem of Ora-12004.

Regards.

Re: Alternate Solution for Materialized views [message #403769 is a reply to message #403665] Mon, 18 May 2009 09:49 Go to previous message
babuknb

ORA-12004: REFRESH FAST cannot be used for materialized view "string"."string" 
Cause: The materialized view log does not exist or cannot be used. PCT refresh is also not enabled on the materialized view

Action: Use just REFRESH, which will reinstantiate the entire table. If a materialized view log exists and the form of the materialized view allows
the use of a materialized view log or PCT refresh is possible after a given set of changes,
REFRESH FAST will be available starting the next time the materialized view is refreshed. 

What's your database version (4 digit) ?

Are you using Basic/Advanced Replication?

It's Multi-Master or Materialized View based Replication?

>>Union All

As per your statment; You need to create materialized view with "Complete" Refresh NOT Fast.

Babu

[Updated on: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Problem in MV
Next Topic: Issue with Materialized View after 10g Upgradation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:06:40 CDT 2024