Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Tracking records deleted
Tracking records deleted [message #40861] Fri, 08 November 2002 06:20 Go to next message
AA
I have 2 tables A and B. A has about 100,000,000 records. The number of records in B varies but is typically in the 50-100k range. I run a SQL statement to delete records from A that are in B. Once in a while, it is possible that a few records in B are not in A. Is there a way I can log the records that were not deleted ?

The query that I run to delete is :
delete from A where (nvl(PART_CD,'X'), nvl(TYPE,'X'), nvl(QUAL_TYPE,'X'), nvl(QUALIFIER,'X')) in (select nvl(PART_CD,'X'), nvl(TYPE,'X'), nvl(QUAL_TYPE,'X'), nvl(QUALIFIER,'X') from B)

Currently I tried running a trigger that will delete a record from B whenever the same record is deleted from A, in that case, the remainder of the records in B are the ones that did not go through. But this process ran overnight and has not yet finished.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Tracking records deleted [message #40862 is a reply to message #40861] Fri, 08 November 2002 07:13 Go to previous message
F. Tollenaar
create table temp as 
select * 
from   b 
where  exists
  (select * 
   from   a
   where (nvl(PART_CD, 'X'), nvl(TYPE,'X'), nvl(QUAL_TYPE,'X'), nvl(QUALIFIER,'X')) 
   in (select nvl(PART_CD,'X'), nvl(TYPE,'X'), nvl(QUAL_TYPE,'X'), nvl(QUALIFIER,'X') from B))
/

select * 
from   b
minus
select *
from   temp
/

hth
Frank
Previous Topic: problem with UTL_FILE
Next Topic: what is svrmgrl.exe
Goto Forum: