Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » getting program from v$session
getting program from v$session [message #40853] Thu, 07 November 2002 20:02 Go to next message
fokker
Hi I'm querying the v$session view, and I find that not all applications provide a value in the program field. For instance, when I use the plus80w.exe, program is null, but when I use sqlplusw.exe, then the name shows up. Is there any way to set this information upon logging in, or get this information somehow? Thanks, in advance.
Re: getting program from v$session [message #40868 is a reply to message #40853] Fri, 08 November 2002 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Are you sure that plus80w.exe is not being called from a shortcut? It should show something. Do you see a .lnk?

Up to 8i, there is no reliable way of determining the program. A user can rename the program or create a shortcut.
Re: getting program from v$session [message #40873 is a reply to message #40853] Fri, 08 November 2002 18:35 Go to previous message
fokker
Yes, I am clicking on the executable directly. I also tried moving it around to see if it was some kinda path problem.

To answer your second question, yes I am aware that the user can rename the program, but I'm just going to assume that they won't do somthing like that...
Previous Topic: getting program from v$session
Next Topic: CONNECT BY clause for Oracle8i for multiple tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:30:15 CDT 2024