Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Inserted Data not shown in the Table
Inserted Data not shown in the Table [message #398374] Thu, 16 April 2009 02:18 Go to next message
Hemanth123
Hi,

I have a table BUNKER into which some records are being inserted thru front-end application by the USER..but when I tried to check that particular records in the BUNKER table..I am not able to view them..and when I checked for the records the NEXT DAY..I am able to see...in a simple way..I am not able to see the records which are inserted TODAY...but can see them the next day..

Please let me know what can be the possibilities for such type of scenarios...

Thanks in Advacne..

Re: Inserted Data not shown in the Table [message #398378 is a reply to message #398374] Thu, 16 April 2009 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
One of them would be that they are not committed yet when you look the first time.
Re: Inserted Data not shown in the Table [message #398411 is a reply to message #398378] Thu, 16 April 2009 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
If you're looking at the records through the application, then it could well be the application not letting you see the records.

Otherwise, it could be that the application inserts rows into some sort of holding table, and a batch process transfers the rows from there to the proper table.

As mentioned above, the records may not have been committed.

Possibly the application looks at a Mview, which only periodically gets rebuild

Based on the sparse information provided, there's not a lot more help we can be.
Re: Inserted Data not shown in the Table [message #398414 is a reply to message #398411] Thu, 16 April 2009 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Or, if the table is queried by using some DATE datatype column, perhaps application enters date and time values, but SELECT's WHERE clause contains date only (which causes (non-existent) "problems")?
Re: Inserted Data not shown in the Table [message #398420 is a reply to message #398374] Thu, 16 April 2009 03:58 Go to previous message
Hemanth123
Thank you guyz..for your valuable answers..at the first thought even I assumed the same possible cause as what LITTLFOOT assumed...

But when I asked the same I was told he was saving the records...so I explained the assumption made by JRowbottom...might be there some validations and only gets commited only at the end of the day or some other time...So he said he will check and get back to me...

Are there any other possibilities apart from the one assumed in the above posts..
Anyhow thank you once again to all of you....
Previous Topic: Regarding Exchange of column value between module and program column using trigger
Next Topic: Cursor ignoring a record in query result
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 00:30:13 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08240 seconds