Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Store and retrieve image in oracle database (Oracle 10g)
Store and retrieve image in oracle database [message #397951] Tue, 14 April 2009 12:20 Go to next message
souvik_roy_bec@yahoo.com
Hi,

I'm creating a web page (HTML) with mod_plsl. There in the javascript I've accessed an image by src="abc.gif" command.
But I could not view the image in the runtime when I'm going to the URL http://<it_address>:7777/<dbname>/package.proc.

Everything else is fine except the icon image used in the page.

Could anyone tell me how can I store and access image icon in the server and in which path.

Thanks in advance.
Souvik
Re: Store and retrieve image in oracle database [message #397954 is a reply to message #397951] Tue, 14 April 2009 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Your html code is wrong
Your PL/SQL code is wrong
Your path is wrong
Oracle does not have access to the path
Your image name is wrong
And many other reasons are possible but who can know what you did and is your environement...?

Regards
Michel
Re: Store and retrieve image in oracle database [message #397956 is a reply to message #397951] Tue, 14 April 2009 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Yes, you have a problem, but it is NOT with Oracle; but with Apache.

You need to place the gif file where Apache can find it or add the folder where it resides to the appropriate line in Apache's config file.

Alternatively provide fully qualified pathname after src=
Re: Store and retrieve image in oracle database [message #397959 is a reply to message #397954] Tue, 14 April 2009 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
souvik_roy_bec@yahoo.com
I have already told you that the problem remains only for accessing that icon image as I didn't store the image in the server.
The same page in opening fine using only HTML code.

If possible please let me know how can I store and access the image and what will be the command to replace the command line "src='abc.gif'" in the mod_plsql code.

Thanks,
Re: Store and retrieve image in oracle database [message #397984 is a reply to message #397959] Tue, 14 April 2009 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
souvik_roy_bec@yahoo.com
Hi Black,

Thanks for your suggestion. Here I can see that in Application Server home path of AS Installation, there is directory Apache/Apache/conf.

In that directory, there are some .conf file (dads.conf,dms.conf,plsql.conf etc.).Again there is an "icon" directory. But I really don't know in which path I should keep the image.

Actually, I have written a package in say ALTAB1 env.

Could you please tell me the exact path in the UNIX where i should put the .gif file and how should I refer to that image from plsql.

Thanks,
Souvik
Re: Store and retrieve image in oracle database [message #397985 is a reply to message #397984] Tue, 14 April 2009 13:43 Go to previous message
andrew again
See if you can locate httpd.conf - it's one of the main Apache files. The "Alias" entries define virtual directories - you should find some existing ones. Add any new definitions and refresh Apache.

Alias /img/ "/apps/my_app/images/"

Now you should be able to use src="/img/abc.gif"
Previous Topic: Sequences or ROWID'S
Next Topic: Help with query change (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 15:50:28 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.27479 seconds