Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #390714] Mon, 09 March 2009 07:29 Go to next message
sirivijay
Hi,
I an trying to make SMARTBAR to be visible along with my menu MENUDEFS.MMX.

If i give MENUDEFS.MMX smart bar is not coming

If i give DEFAULT&SMARTBAR then SMARTBAR is visible.but some of my menu items aare missing.

I tried various Combinations of MENUDEFS.MMX with SMARTBAR

But i am failing to implement both..can any one tell the combination to use both.the combinations i tried are

menudefs.mmx DEFAULT&SMARTBAR
menudefs.mmx&SMARTBAR
menudefs.mmx &SMARTBAR
Please tell the valid combination
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR [message #391715 is a reply to message #390714] Fri, 13 March 2009 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirivijay
Is there any one who faced the similar issue before..i have not found any solution for this problem..
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR [message #392097 is a reply to message #391715] Mon, 16 March 2009 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirivijay
Can any one tell whether this could be possible ..using SMARTBAR with my menu
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR [message #394706 is a reply to message #392097] Sun, 29 March 2009 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

Have you tried making your toolbar the 'vertical toolbar'?

David
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR [message #394809 is a reply to message #394706] Mon, 30 March 2009 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirivijay
Martin,
I did not create my own tool bar..I am trying to use a default tool bar(SMARTBAR) along with my menu..this is working fine in forms 6.Even in 10g if i am giving smart bar alone its working fine but my menu items are missing.so if i cannot implement both at a time in 10g please let me know so that i will try creating a canvas menubar as u Suggested..
Regards,
Pradeep
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR [message #395557 is a reply to message #394809] Wed, 01 April 2009 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/184583/67467/?srch=menu+smartbar#msg_184583

David
Show default menu and created menu?? - split [message #395711 is a reply to message #390714] Thu, 02 April 2009 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirivijay
Martin i tried these combinations with SMARTBAR and DEFAULT

DEFAULT&SMARTBAR&C:\oracle\DevSuiteHome\forms\menudefs.mmx

DEFAULT&C:\oracle\DevSuiteHome\forms\menudefs.mmx

C:\oracle\DevSuiteHome\forms\menudefs.mmx&SMARTBAR

These all did not work..

My requirement is to display a SMARTBAR with my own menu "menudefs.mmx".

I dont need default menu as major functions are linked to my menu only

3 migrated Applications are pending with this issue and waiting for deployment.Can u let me know how to use a smartbar
Re: Show default menu and created menu?? [message #395895 is a reply to message #395711] Fri, 03 April 2009 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry. No more ideas. I think you will need to place your code on a canvas and move the others down to give it room.

Place the code in a reference form, build an object group, and use that in your forms.

David
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #396887 is a reply to message #390714] Wed, 08 April 2009 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirivijay
/forum/fa/6005/0/

This is the form where i have attached my customised menu alone without SMARTBAR.The region i highlited is showing a very small compressed icons which came default.when i put my cursor there it is displaying the name of that button and working fine when i click it .Is there any property available to stretch this compressed bar.I just need default smart bar along with my own menu.
  • Attachment: smartbar.jpg
    (Size: 26.95KB, Downloaded 13408 times)
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #398016 is a reply to message #396887] Tue, 14 April 2009 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I can't remember which object needs to be moved but probably the origin of the canvas needs to be moved 'down' the height of the menu bar, I think it is 16 or 24 points.

Change the 'Y position on canvas' from '0' to '16'.

David
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #401391 is a reply to message #398016] Mon, 04 May 2009 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirivijay
Martin can i implement this by mentioning the DEFAULT&SMARTBAR in menu properties of form and writing a code to call custom menu with replace_menu(builtin)..will this override the default menu and show my smartbar??
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #401898 is a reply to message #401391] Wed, 06 May 2009 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
My name is David, it is at the end of ALL of my posts.

Try it and see.

David
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #406151 is a reply to message #396887] Tue, 02 June 2009 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankhu
sirivijay,

Did you solved your problem yet?
I've got the same problem Embarassed but don't know how to solve it.

Regards,
Frank

Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #407120 is a reply to message #406151] Mon, 08 June 2009 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sirivijay
This issue has got two solutions depending on your requirements.

1.for getting a default smartbar with your own menu

give your compiled menu name in the properties of the form as usual.
then open the ue menu mmb file and open the properties of each menu item u need to display as an icon.
then set these two parameters.

Iconic=yes

icon file name=(please read below statements)

the default icons are carried with frmall.jar which is loaded in to your environment when the form is loaded.So in the parameter "icon file name" .u can set these icon name from the below list depending on your requirement.

example for print

iconic=yes
iconfilename=print.

badimage.gif
bgnd.gif
canqry.gif
copy.gif
cut.gif
delrec.gif
ellipsis.gif
entqry.gif
exeqry.gif
exit.gif
frame.gif
help.gif
insrec.gif
lockrec.gif
nxtblk.gif
nxtrec.gif
oracle_logo.gif
oracle_logo_light.gif
paste.gif
print.gif
prvblk.gif
prvrec.gif
pset.gif
save.gif
splash.gif

This will automatically display the icons on the out put.

for additional icons
1] Gather all the icon files in a directory.For this copy all the icons files (gif or jpg) to a folder e.g c:\icons or /tmp/icons folder
2] Create the jar including the icons. Change directory to the target icons folder: cd c:\icons or cd /tmp/icons To jar the icon files issue: jar -cvf icons.jar *

3] Place the jar in <oracle_home>\forms\java 4] Edit the <oracle_home>\forms\server\formsweb.cfg
4a) Tell the applet to load the jar: archive_jini=xxall_jinit.jar,icons.jar
4b) Indicate the images are relative to forms/java virtual directory: imageBase=codeBase (Be careful about case as java is case sensitive)

5] Indicate to the forms runtime where the icons are to be fetched. As the images are at the root of the jar, the default value for the iconpath in the file: <oracle_home>\forms\java\oracle\forms\registry\Registry.dat (capital R) can be left empty: the icons will be fetched from <imageBase>/ default.icons.iconpath=default.icons.iconextension=gif As imageBase=codeBase this means the icons will be fetched fromhttp://host:port/forms/java/<path_inside_our_jar>Note: If wished to place the images under a directory, the jar can be created with a directory structure inside. for example to place them under a folder called /icons one would place the images in such a directory and jar this directory: cd c:\ jar -cvf icons.jar icons To indicate that the images are now in a directory under imageBase this can be done either in the "Icon Filename" property of each forms item or rather for all images by changing the default iconpath. in the file Registry.dat. For example the following line : default.icons.iconpath=icons will tell the Forms Runtime to fetch the icons from: <imageBase>/icons As imageBase has been set to codeBase in step 4 this means: http://host:port/forms/java/icons which corresponds to the directory structure icons/* inside the jar placed at http://host:port/forms/java .

Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #513254 is a reply to message #390714] Sat, 25 June 2011 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asifmajeedsahal

Dear
Have u get the solution of this problems
if u have please send me at asifmajeedsahal@yahoo.com

tnx & rgds

Asif Majeed
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #513256 is a reply to message #513254] Sat, 25 June 2011 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd thought that message #407120 (the one that precedes yours) answers the question /forum/fa/1600/0/.
Re: DEFAULT&SMARTBAR & Show default menu and created menu?? - split and recombined [message #603393 is a reply to message #406151] Sun, 15 December 2013 10:40 Go to previous message
special.kiran@gmail.com
Hi,

Your solution works only for adding "new icons" as well as "default icons".
How about functionality or code for default icons??

Previous Topic: STACK AND TAB CANVAS HORIZONTAL VERTICAL TOOLBAR RELATED QUERIES
Next Topic: How to create finishing application using oracle form 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:28:51 CDT 2024