Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Audit triggers (merged 4)
Audit triggers (merged 4) [message #392635] Wed, 18 March 2009 13:27 Go to next message
dkranes
Hello, I am in the process of designing an audit process for a new application. For example we would like to audit and keep full history of customer information. Say a customer changes their address. I would have a trigger on the customer table that would pull back all the necessary customer data and compare the old to the new. If there is a change, that info would be recorded in a sperate audit table. there will be a BI application used to access these tables. Has anyone done anything similar to this where you would be able to provide some suggestions on design and possible a trigger example? Thank you in advance for your help.
Re: Audit triggers (merged 3) [message #392644 is a reply to message #392635] Wed, 18 March 2009 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Hello, I am in the process of designing an audit process for a new application.
If you control the source code of the application, why do you need a trigger?
INSERT to TABLE_A should exist in 1 & 1 only procedure.
The same is true for UPDATE TABLE_A.
Add another INSERT into AUDIT table & the task is completed.
Re: Audit triggers (merged 3) [message #392645 is a reply to message #392644] Wed, 18 March 2009 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkranes
Now that would make sense, however this is based on an existing framework that my company has been using and I can't change it. therefore I have to use the triggers to adhere to existing architecture policies.

~David
Re: Audit triggers (merged 4) [message #392670 is a reply to message #392635] Wed, 18 March 2009 16:54 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
You should probably have a look at this ask tom thread:

generic trigger for auditing column level changes
Previous Topic: Compilation unit analysis terminated error
Next Topic: Date issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 15:05:50 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03966 seconds