Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to create the relationships between two tables presents in different database (1,XP)
how to create the relationships between two tables presents in different database [message #389449] Mon, 02 March 2009 02:38 Go to next message
thegreatkk
hi,

i have two database like oracle and mssql. both database have single table.

oracle have table1
mssql have table2

Table1(ORACLE) Table2(MSSQL)

EmpNo EmpNo
DeptName EmpName
Experence Address
Contact no Date of join

how to make the relationships between these tables.

if u know please share your ideas.

Regards,
thegreatkk
Re: how to create the relationships between two tables presents in different database [message #389479 is a reply to message #389449] Mon, 02 March 2009 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rmoplusx
I THINK YOU CAN DO IT WITH TOW ORACLE DATABASE WHEN YOU GIVE ONE OF TOW USERS THE "REFERENCE" PRIVILEGE.
BUT WITH ORACLE AND MSSQL I HAVE NOT ANY IDEA

"BUT IF ONE OF TOW DATABASE(ORACLE OR MSSQL)CAN MANAGE AND CONTROL RELATIONSHIP THERE IS POSSIBLE TO CREATE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THEM !"

REGARDS
RMOPLUSX
Re: how to create the relationships between two tables presents in different database [message #389480 is a reply to message #389449] Mon, 02 March 2009 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
"Two different databases" ring a bell which suggests to use a SYNONYM.

However, as these databases are not two Oracle databases but Oracle and MS SQL Server one (if I correctly understood the question), I wouldn't know whether it is possible to do create a synonym in a Oracle database whose source table is in MS SQL Server.

Though, there have been discussions with examples of how to connect Oracle and MS SQL Server (or MS Access); search the board for more information (here's one of them).
Re: how to create the relationships between two tables presents in different database [message #389481 is a reply to message #389479] Mon, 02 March 2009 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thegreatkk
Thank you, I am searching that information. If u know early. Please send your information. If I get early I will share my idea. Ok....

[Updated on: Mon, 02 March 2009 05:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to create the relationships between two tables presents in different database [message #389493 is a reply to message #389481] Mon, 02 March 2009 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide, especially "How to format your post?" section.
Make sure that lines of code do not exceed 80 characters when you format.
Indent the code (See SQL Formatter), use code tags and align the columns in result.
Use the "Preview Message" button to verify.
Also always post your Oracle version (4 decimals).

And don't use IM speak.

Regards
Michel
Re: how to create the relationships between two tables presents in different database [message #390552 is a reply to message #389493] Sat, 07 March 2009 04:17 Go to previous message
rmoplusx
hi everyone do not care with my previous answer it is wrong answer do not keep track it i am very sorry i am confused

[Updated on: Sat, 07 March 2009 05:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: APP-FND-01206
Next Topic: How to process all records one by one, in a data block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 04:09:20 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08076 seconds