Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Connecting to scott schema (Oracle 9i,Windows XP)
Connecting to scott schema [message #389269] Fri, 27 February 2009 23:27 Go to next message
Srinandini
Hi experts

Can u pls help me to connect to Oracle DB scott schema?
Am facing a problem with the connection string. Wht shd i give thr?Also pls let me know the configuration in tnsnames.ora file

Am using sql*plus

Thanks in advance
Sri
Re: Connecting to scott schema [message #389283 is a reply to message #389269] Sat, 28 February 2009 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Can you, please, read OraFAQ Forum Guide and follow it as already requested to you.
For instance, don't use IM/SMS speak.

Regards
Michel
Re: Connecting to scott schema [message #389297 is a reply to message #389269] Sat, 28 February 2009 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If the database is installed on your PC, connect string might be reduced to username and password; the third part of the connect string is the database alias (which can be found in the TNSNAMES.ORA file).

Therefore, at operating system command prompt something like this might do the job:
C:\>sqlplus scott/tiger
or
C:\>sqlplus scott/tiger@ora10g

As you've seen, "tiger" is the default password.

However: "scott" might be locked. If that's the case, you'll have to connect to the database as a privileged user (such as SYS) and unlock the account:
SQL> alter user scott account unlock;

If none of the above helps, I guess you'll be back.
Re: Connecting to scott schema [message #389460 is a reply to message #389297] Mon, 02 March 2009 03:17 Go to previous message
babuknb

>>Am facing a problem with the connection string. Wht shd i give thr?Also pls let me know the configuration in tnsnames.ora file

What's your problem? Post Error Message.
Previous Topic: Time and date question
Next Topic: reuse a computed value for each row in SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 07 02:49:25 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08787 seconds