Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unable to highlight/select data(using mouse) on Oracle forms 10g on Vista client (Oracle,10g,Windows Vista)
Unable to highlight/select data(using mouse) on Oracle forms 10g on Vista client [message #388333] Tue, 24 February 2009 06:30 Go to next message
aviana
Hi,
Our organisation is migrating to Vista.So I had re compiled all our Oracle forms for Vista Compatibility using Forms Version 10.1.2.3.0.configured the application server for Vista compatibility,Sun's JRE was installed in client Vista machine and everything went fine. I was able to run the forms successfully from the Vista client.
Now I am noticing a problem, which was not an issue in the Windows 2000 client, but only appears in the Vista client.
i.e, consider a form having lots of data values displayed under one heading(column).Eg:
Column1 Column2 Column3
datar1c1 datar1c2 datar1c3 --ROW1
datar2c1 datar2c2 datar2c3 --ROW2

Suppose I want to select ROW2,to do some operations, say for example edit data corresponding to this row('Edit' button is enabled and it will bring me to another form , which corresponds to the data only for this particular row, ROW2)
But I am not able to select ROW2 using mouse
I am not able to highlight individual data entries using mouse, to do some operation with that data.Using keyboard, it is OK,I am able to move and highlight between data. Does somebody know what to do to solve this issue?This issue is there for all the forms and for all our different oracle applications on Vista.There was no issue in the Windows2000 client.

The forms were developed using 10g developer suite itself but forms version was 9.0.4.0.19
When recompiled for Vista, we installed developer suite 10g version 10.1.2.3.0(plus a patch applied as it was needed ).

Everything else related to forms work for Vista client except this.

I have been searching on the net and also the metalink for this issue but nothing has helped me yet.
Please help.
Re: Unable to highlight/select data(using mouse) on Oracle forms 10g on Vista client [message #388708 is a reply to message #388333] Thu, 26 February 2009 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
The answer is in your post.

You are now using Sun's JRE. You DIDN'T use Sun's JRE on Windows 2000. The Java is different.

David
Re: Unable to highlight/select data(using mouse) on Oracle forms 10g on Vista client [message #389495 is a reply to message #388708] Mon, 02 March 2009 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aviana
hi David what do you mean?Is it supposed to work like this when using Sun's JRE?
For windows 2000 environment, Jinitiator worked well but it is not possible to use Jinitiator for Vista platform.We have been told to use Sun's JRE in vista clients then only the forms10g will work
Please tell me what should I do next to solve this issue
Re: Unable to highlight/select data(using mouse) on Oracle forms 10g on Vista client [message #389900 is a reply to message #389495] Wed, 04 March 2009 00:43 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
There are a number of answers, none of which are particularly useful.

1) Don't use Vista.
2) Ask Sun to upgrade the JRE.
3) Ask Oracle to port the JInitiator.
4) Convince the users not to use the scroll button.

David
Previous Topic: connect oracle form to ms access database
Next Topic: oracle form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 04:05:56 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14830 seconds