Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » packaged procedure name identification (who am I)
packaged procedure name identification (who am I) [message #39985] Fri, 30 August 2002 10:51 Go to next message
Ivan Ciobotar
Does anyone know how can a PL/SQL packaged/stand-alone procedure/function identify itself (know its name, a Java class, for example, does it through "reflection").
Currently I'm hard-coding (and passing as an out parameter) the name of the procedure/function within itself so I can log what PL/SQL objects (and their parameters) were called.
I looked through the Oracle Manuals, but found nothing other than tracing (which is not an option in my case).

Thank you beforehand
Re: packaged procedure name identification (who am I) [message #39986 is a reply to message #39985] Fri, 30 August 2002 12:25 Go to previous message
Ivan Ciobotar
:) Thank you, this is a good tip (walking through the call stack).
Unfotunately, the procedure/function name is exactly what I need. Using it, I can loop through the ALL_ARGUMENTS view, build a dynamic INSERT statement, and store the exact string (with values) of how the procedure/function was called.
Previous Topic: query for count by minute
Next Topic: Re: minus operator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:08:47 CDT 2024