Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » omit columns in report that uses NVL (oracle)
omit columns in report that uses NVL [message #387854] Fri, 20 February 2009 22:22 Go to next message
moewmomma
I am an intern and still learning alot about PLSQL... I am trying to filter a report that uses NVL in the query to replace null values with '0'. I can not change the query, but want the report to filter out and omit the columns that have all '0'. Is there a reverse for NVL? I tried to filter it using the something like if columns <> 0, but it isnt ignoring the columns that still have 0. Any ideas?
Re: omit columns in report that uses NVL [message #387855 is a reply to message #387854] Fri, 20 February 2009 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
You need to help us by following the Posting Guidelines as stated below.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
So we can help you

Post DDL for tables.
Post DML for test data.
Post the SQL.

Post expected/desired results.

>I can not change the query
Then you are stuck with the results you have.

What can you change?
Re: omit columns in report that uses NVL [message #387856 is a reply to message #387855] Fri, 20 February 2009 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moewmomma
I am not able to post the actual DDL or DML for security reasons. Although I can not change the actual query in the datablock, I can write the query for the report filter. I guess I just need to know if there is an opposite of NVL. This is my first experience with NVL. So, in the results of the datablock query, all null values are set to zero. Now I need to filter the report to omit the rows if all their columns are zero. I am not sure if I am making much sense here, I guess that is because I am still learning it myself! But any ideas will help me. Thank you so much.
Re: omit columns in report that uses NVL [message #387857 is a reply to message #387854] Fri, 20 February 2009 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I can not change the actual query in the datablock,
>I can write the query for the report filter.
I give up, because I have no idea what you are talking about
& you decline to follow Posting Guidelines.
I am not convinced Oracle RDBMS is really involved.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2009 23:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: omit columns in report that uses NVL [message #387864 is a reply to message #387854] Sat, 21 February 2009 00:30 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
"where col != 0"

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
Next Topic: Info about utils packages in oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 07 20:04:53 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08213 seconds