Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » alternatives for utlmatch?
alternatives for utlmatch? [message #386460] Sun, 15 February 2009 05:41 Go to next message
ledo

I am using the oracle built-in utl_match functions to a specific operation.
(URGENT) is there a utl_match
{utl_match.edit_distance, utl_match.edit_distance_similarity, utl_match.jaro_winkler, utl_match.jaro_winkler_similarity}
in SQL SERVER?
if not what are the alternatives for these methods with the same performance?

Thanks in advance,

LEDO
Re: alternatives for utlmatch? [message #386461 is a reply to message #386460] Sun, 15 February 2009 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pablolee
Surely this is a SQL Server question rather than an Oracle one?
Re: alternatives for utlmatch? [message #386462 is a reply to message #386461] Sun, 15 February 2009 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ledo
yea, am really sorry it is my fault.

I just got all what I want by using UTL_MATCH so I am asking/searching for getting an alternative because it is required to add SQL SERVER to the database layer...

anyway thanks.
Re: alternatives for utlmatch? [message #386463 is a reply to message #386460] Sun, 15 February 2009 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide BEFORE posting.
This is NOT an Oracle question.
URGENT is not allowed.

The topic is locked.
Regards
Michel
Re: alternatives for utlmatch? [message #386486 is a reply to message #386460] Sun, 15 February 2009 20:06 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
The Oracle utl_match.edit_distance function is an implementation of the Levenshtein distance formula, so if you google for Levenshtein distance you should find implementations in various languages. Similary you can search for the Jaro Winkler algorithm. The similarity functions are modifications such that they return a score of 0 to 100 where 100 is an exact match, based on the algorithms. You won't find any SQL function that will work in multiple languages. You will need a separate function for each database language that you need to use it on. Although there are ANSI standards, there are still vast differences between languages.

Previous Topic: grouping rows based on values
Next Topic: Just a bit of help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 20:18:02 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05104 seconds