Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to trace last action (Oracle Forms 6i)
How to trace last action [message #386251] Fri, 13 February 2009 05:41 Go to next message
expertsudhir

I am having a problem. I think here I can get solution of my problem.

I want to know "Whether it is possible to get when last action was done on running form?"

Actually what I want:
I have a form. I want if user does not perform any action on the form means click/move the mouse, press any button for next 5 minutes (like screen saver) then the form should exit.

Is it possible and how?

I would be greateful.

Kumar Sudhir
Re: How to trace last action [message #386291 is a reply to message #386251] Fri, 13 February 2009 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Using a timer, perhaps?

Though, why would you want to bother?
Re: How to trace last action [message #386370 is a reply to message #386291] Sat, 14 February 2009 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
expertsudhir

Littlefoot wrote on Fri, 13 February 2009 19:19
Using a timer, perhaps?

Though, why would you want to bother?

i tried the timer first but it is not feasible because it does not recognise last action. it works from the time of enabling.
Re: How to trace last action [message #386519 is a reply to message #386370] Sun, 15 February 2009 23:44 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You do NOT need to quote the last thread. We can read.

Oracle Forms is a block mode application system. It does not know that a user is, or is not, doing anything until the user causes a Forms trigger to fire. That means that if the user takes 5 minutes to enter the data into a particular item then the timer would fire and the form would be closed. You need to refresh the timer in EVERY trigger you code and also have a 'key-others' trigger at the form level to refresh the timer when a trigger you have not coded is invoked.

David

PS You also have to call the invoked trigger manually in this 'key-others' trigger. Best of luck.
Previous Topic: how to send mail from forms 10g
Next Topic: Oracle forms freezes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 21:07:15 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09468 seconds