Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » JNDI exeception (Window XP, JDeveloper 11g)
JNDI exeception [message #385417] Mon, 09 February 2009 09:22 Go to next message
ying
Hi,

I'm the JDeveloper beginner and keen to explore developing J2EE application in Oracle Apps Server.

I'm now using the latest JDeveloper - 11g and learn it by refering to the tutorial - http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe11jdev/11/ejb/ejb.html

I'm tring to creating the Data Model and Testing it. When run, I get the below error:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:HR_FacadeBean not found

The apps server that I'm using is the "Embeded OC4J in JDeveloper".

I have been trying to do some research via internet as well as orafaq forum. But couldn't get solution. One of the semiliar thread was posted in 2007 - (javax.naming.NamingException: Error resolving reference <Reference Class Name: javax.ejb.EJBObjec [message #272324]), but no solution.

Any advise is really much appreciated.......

Regards,
Ying

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2009 09:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JNDI exeception [message #385527 is a reply to message #385417] Tue, 10 February 2009 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
If you followed a tutorial, ran into an error and cannot find anything related on Oracle's Forums, my bet would be that you did something wrong while following the tut.
Start again from the beginning with the tut. Since you are doing it to learn things, it is even good for you: repetition improves learning.
Re: JNDI exeception [message #385549 is a reply to message #385527] Tue, 10 February 2009 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ying
Hi Frank,
Ya, normally this is my practise also, no matter is success or not for the first time, I will repeat to get myself familiar and really understand the flow and even every single source code. For this case,I have tried 3 times already before posting my thread.

Pls advise what should I do now, allow to post the code? But the code should no problem. Any other possibility. I have been tracing for two days......and I don't feel like wanna to continue to next section if the problem didn't solve....just don't want to give up...

Ying
Re: JNDI exeception [message #385554 is a reply to message #385549] Tue, 10 February 2009 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
A quick scan through the tutorial only reveals references to HRFacade, not HR_Facade.
Scan your code to see if you made a typo somewhere.
Re: JNDI exeception [message #385560 is a reply to message #385554] Tue, 10 February 2009 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ying
Hi Frank,

For your infor that i didn't really follow the name of the files as I don't want to confuse myself since I have created more than one project.

Due to using a IDE tools, so every single code is auto generated. I didn't change any name in the source code. The error is clear that cannot find the HR_FacadeBean and yet this file is existed and I even compile for more than one time to ensure no error.

P/S:Really appreciate your replied.
Ying

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2009 02:49]

Re: JNDI exeception [message #385588 is a reply to message #385560] Tue, 10 February 2009 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Well, you using your own naming sounds like a major candidate for the error occurred.
What do other projects have to do with naming items? I suppose you create separate applications & projects for them? That should be enough to separate them! (also, using a distinctive app/project-wide package-prefix will help a great deal)
Re: JNDI exeception [message #385736 is a reply to message #385560] Tue, 10 February 2009 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ying
Hi Frank,

I agree with you. So, I try for one more time and this time I get different error message. All are about the TopLink exception.

This time, I really suspect is because of the JDeveloper problem. For your information I really wonder why my JDeveloper interfaces are different with the sample in the tutorial. The version that I downloaded is exacly JDeveloper 11g (Preview 2).

Attached herewith the screenshot which have different interface and also the setting. Sorry for troubling you to review the document. In the document did paste the error message as well.

Regards,
Ying

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2009 22:11]

Re: JNDI exeception [message #386469 is a reply to message #385588] Sun, 15 February 2009 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ying
Hi Frank,

Any further advise or help you can provide? I have already stucked at this stage.

p/s: didn't realise that I did not attach the file sucessfully.
Attached again

Ying
Re: JNDI exeception [message #388153 is a reply to message #385417] Mon, 23 February 2009 08:56 Go to previous message
ying
I'm here wish to update that I have solved my problem. I have downloaed the wrong version of the JDeveloper, I should not use TP2 - JDeveloper 11g is in production now, I should grab from herehttp://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/jdev/htdocs/soft11.html

Thanks for all the replied.
Previous Topic: Unable to initialize Java VM
Next Topic: XML Parsing....need some info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:19:30 CDT 2024