Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » MS Access & Oracle trigger
MS Access & Oracle trigger [message #39772] Thu, 08 August 2002 12:42 Go to next message
Yaling
Hello All,

I have an Oracle database with an Access 97 Data Entry front end. The Oracle database includes the following tables:
Data_Entry
ACTION
APPT

The goals are once data are inputed into the Access form, the data will be sent to Oracle table Data_Entry and the triggers (after insert row) will fired and send data from Data_Entry table to ACTION table and APPT table.

Before I enabled the triggers, the system works well and the data could be sent to Data_Entry table as soon as I input it into the Access form. But after I enabled the triggers, the data couldn't be sent to Data_Entry table from the form.

Why is this so? Is this a problem of the trigger or a problem of ODBC? When I insert data into Data_Entry in Oracle, the triggers work well. The trigger code is as follows:

create or replace trigger trig_action
after insert on DATA_ENTRY
for each row
begin
insert into ACTION
values (:new.action_id,
:new.action_code,
:new.action_auditor,
:new.action_time_stamp
);
end;
run

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yaling
Re: MS Access & Oracle trigger [message #39773 is a reply to message #39772] Thu, 08 August 2002 13:03 Go to previous message
Todd Barry
Everything looks fine with your trigger and you said that you had no problem inserting into data_entry outside of Access, so I don't have any real suggestion for you here other than a comment that the presence or absence of the trigger should be irrelevent to Access.

Do you get some sort of error from Access? I can't tell from the statement 'couldn't be sent to Data_Entry table from the form.'
Previous Topic: Complicated Query - help needed pls
Next Topic: MS Access & Triggers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:29:09 CDT 2024