Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer Plus & Viewer Date/Time Issue (OracleBI Discoverer 10g (10.1.2.1))
Discoverer Plus & Viewer Date/Time Issue [message #384878] Thu, 05 February 2009 10:08 Go to next message
skkane
Messages: 2
Registered: February 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

I've been working with Discoverer Desktop to mock up some examples so my management can decide if they want to proceed with a project using this tool. I've switched over to using Plus and Viewer and I noticed that for dates the time portions always shows up as 00:00:00 or 12:00:00 regardless of what the actual time is. The data in the DB is correct but the NLS_DATE_FORMAT is set to 'DD-Mon-YYYY'. I tried changing from the default format in Discoverer and even passing the NLS_DATE_FORMAT URL parameter to no avail. The DBA's are hesitant in switch the NLS_DATE_FORMAT for the DB so i need to come up with other solutions. I could do a to_char on the date in customer folders but then you lose the ability to format the dates in the reports.

The same report works just fine in Desktop but when using Plus or Viewer it shows the time wrong. Please forgive me if this has been asked before for I was unable to find anything on this particular issue.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Sean
Re: Discoverer Plus & Viewer Date/Time Issue [message #384886 is a reply to message #384878] Thu, 05 February 2009 11:51 Go to previous message
skkane
Messages: 2
Registered: February 2009
Junior Member
Hello Again,

I've done some more testing on this. I was able to create a trigger that on logon changes the NLS_DATE_FORMAT to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI:SS. This has been confirmed by loggin into SQLPLUS and selecting sysdate.

Next I went into Discoverer Admin and created a Customer Folder "select * from nls_session_parameters". Going into Discoverer Plus I created a workbook and ran it. The NLS_DATE_FORMAT was set to DD-Mon-RR (the default). It has overridden the trigger.

Now I exited out of Discoverer and went back in using the nlsdateformat=YYYYMMDDHH24MISS URL parameter. I ran the new workbook and it confirmed the NLS_DATE_FORMAT had been overridden by the URL parameter. Still the time portion of the date item was showing up as 000000 instead of the actual time.

Next I even created a function that did an execute imediate "alter session ..." and changed the NLS_DATE_FORMAT again. I added the call to the SQL and the new item to the workbook. Relogged into Discoverer Plus and the function call did override the NLS_DATE_FORMAT again but still no time on the date.

It appears to me the the NLS_DATE_FORMAT overrides are happening as expected but Discoverer Plus and Viewer are dropping the time componenet.

-Sean
Previous Topic: Underline Employee name where hiredate is 21-dec-2008
Next Topic: ORACLE REPORTS 10G + web reports + DATE FORMAT
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Dec 06 04:26:36 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10265 seconds