Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » can JDBC deal with PL/SQL function calls with index by table parameters??
can JDBC deal with PL/SQL function calls with index by table parameters?? [message #39752] Wed, 07 August 2002 07:05 Go to next message
Alan Heneghan
Hi,

My situation is that we have an old client-server application built in Developer2000. The majority of the functionality is handled by PL/SQL packages (containing Functions and Procedures) which we must use in our effort to web-enable this application.

My problem is that many of these PL/SQL FunctionsProcedures have index by table parameters. Here is an example of one of these PL/SQL objects as defined WITHIN a package and used exclusively by the Functions within that Package;

Type IndirizzoTyp IS RECORD(IdTopon INTEGER, NumCiv INTEGER, EspCiv VARCHAR2(3), DesInd VARCHAR2(60),
IdCom INTEGER, DesCom VARCHAR(60), Cap INTEGER);

Type IndirizziTyp IS TABLE of IndirizzoTyp index by binary_integer;

My understanding is that 'oracle.sql.STRUCT' can be used in java to pass and retrieve SQL 'user-defined object' datatypes BUT that "Index-by tables of PL/SQL records are not supported" which of course is exactly what I have.

Has anyone come across this before and found a way around it?
Any ideas will be very welcome.

Thank you,

Alan.
Re: can JDBC deal with PL/SQL function calls with index by table parameters?? [message #39757 is a reply to message #39752] Wed, 07 August 2002 11:12 Go to previous message
Todd Barry
Hopefully this might help you:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:668883049892
Previous Topic: SET ECHO OFF, SET VERIFY OFF
Next Topic: how to execute a string in PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:37:50 CDT 2024