Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to use post procedure in forms 6i (forms 6i)
How to use post procedure in forms 6i [message #383753] Thu, 29 January 2009 23:54 Go to next message
karthikg1
Please send me snippet of code .how to use post procedure and where to use it.
Re: How to use post procedure in forms 6i [message #383756 is a reply to message #383753] Thu, 29 January 2009 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthikg1
Plzz respond quickly..... Sad
Re: How to use post procedure in forms 6i [message #383757 is a reply to message #383756] Fri, 30 January 2009 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
POST writes data in the form (that includes inserts, updates and deletes) to the database, but does not commit. You can later commit changes by explicitly COMMITing or rollback by using the CLEAR_FORM built-in.

It is used by calling it as any other procedure, no difference. Just be careful as it is a restricted procedure (so you can't call it from any trigger you'd like it to).

For more information, open Forms Online Help System and read about POST built-in and use of restricted procedures.

As of urgency implied by your second message: note that you are visiting a forum. Nobody here waits for anyone's message in order to "respond quickly". You may get the answer sooner, later or never (though, on Forms forum, you'll eventually get the reply). If your problem really is urgent (which, in my opinion, use of the POST built-in is not), hire a consultant or contact Oracle Support Service. Here, on the forum, all you can do is to be patient.
Re: How to use post procedure in forms 6i [message #383948 is a reply to message #383753] Sat, 31 January 2009 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snsiddiqui
Dear

Thanks for the reply.

I am using POST to remove any item from LOV which user have already selected or want to stop if he insert again manually therefore I check if all necessary fields are filled then I use POST in my trigger.

But the problem is users are complaining that the form goes to hang when they insert any item.

Re: How to use post procedure in forms 6i [message #383960 is a reply to message #383948] Sun, 01 February 2009 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you perform that check? I doubt that POST causes problems, but - perhaps you have entered an infinite loop? Did you debug the form (obviously, not yet)?
Re: How to use post procedure in forms 6i [message #384239 is a reply to message #383960] Tue, 03 February 2009 00:21 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Can you replicate in your development area the problem that your users are having?

David
Previous Topic: Loading Forms on Linux
Next Topic: i need help for create a form login
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 15:06:20 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.29656 seconds