Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Last_Query and block population (Forms 6i)
Last_Query and block population [message #382319] Wed, 21 January 2009 23:06 Go to next message
didiera
Hello everyone,

I would like to report a behaviour of Forms regarding the population of a block and seek your advice on this. I have a detail and master block that represent some data. The master block can be filtered to show data based on a number of criteria. The detail is taken care of by the relation existing with its master counter part; hence no trigger or user-written code handles its behaviour.
I have based my relation on a number of fields of type char,varchar and date namely and they are to match each other in order for the detail block to be populated.
When running the form in debug mode, I can see the query that fires for the population of the detail block under System Variables tab (last_query).

What bugs sometimes is that the detail block is not populated and this is because the Last_Query thing replaces '=' with 'Like' for whatever reason and omits the '%' sign at the end of the string to be evaluated with the varchar field.

e.g
 and some_filed like 'My_Field'

This is a problem since there is nothing in my knowledge I can do to act upon this and avoid the bug.

I hope someone already met with this problem before and has a solution for me.

best regards,
Didz
Re: Last_Query and block population [message #382551 is a reply to message #382319] Thu, 22 January 2009 22:34 Go to previous message
didiera
Hi again.

I didn't actually managed to repair the discrepancy above but I chose to drop that master-detail and implement another custom mecanism to emulate the behaviour of a normal master-detail relation between my blocks. I'm satisfied now from a pure functionnality viewpoint but I still long for a rime and reason on this issue.

regards,
Didz

[Updated on: Fri, 23 January 2009 00:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: PDE-PLI018
Next Topic: Can i use webutil functionality on linux or ubuntu OS client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 14:12:19 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10298 seconds