Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Implicit Insert happening in form
Implicit Insert happening in form [message #381291] Fri, 16 January 2009 02:55 Go to next message
coolguy01
In my form once I enter data on the screen it gets inserted into the table behind implicitly and it displays the message Transaction Complete and saved. How do I stop this implicit insert .... because i want to take these values from the front end , query a look up table and then insert it explicitly into an table. So i dont want the implicit or automatic insert happening in the form.

Thanks and Regards
Re: Implicit Insert happening in form [message #381293 is a reply to message #381291] Fri, 16 January 2009 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
Dear Friend,

please confirm that you haven't use commit in your code.

Regards,
Azam Khan
Re: Implicit Insert happening in form [message #381294 is a reply to message #381291] Fri, 16 January 2009 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
I think you must first check that is there any trigger, procedure or function that is issuing COMMIT.

And tell me this is Block has a master block also?
Re: Implicit Insert happening in form [message #381298 is a reply to message #381293] Fri, 16 January 2009 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolguy01
Ya there is no commit in my code ... it is just implicitly inserting and doing commit on the insert. It is happening for every block in the form ... once i enter values for a particular record and try to go to the next row ...automatically 1st row is inserted and get the message Transaction complete and saved.
Re: Implicit Insert happening in form [message #381307 is a reply to message #381298] Fri, 16 January 2009 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oracle doesn't play games with users.

If there's a message that the transaction is completed and certain number of records is saved, then that's what has happened - *someone* has committed the transaction.

It was either end user (by pressing the <Save> button), or the application (i.e. a trigger which fired and which contains COMMIT statement).

So, make up your mind: which one of these two is the case? I'd bet on a trigger.

Saying that you want to
coolguy01
insert it (a record) explicitly into an table
doesn't "smell" good; why would you want to INSERT INTO ... when Forms is capable of doing that by itself? What's wrong with default Forms behaviour - create a block, base it on a table, fill in the data, commit changes - as simple as that.
Re: Implicit Insert happening in form [message #381319 is a reply to message #381307] Fri, 16 January 2009 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
Dear Friend,

I agree with Littlefoot. If the message is "## transaction saved' that means somebody has issued a commit.

Regards,
Azam Khan
Re: Implicit Insert happening in form [message #381467 is a reply to message #381319] Sat, 17 January 2009 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
javed.khan

Quote:
In my form once I enter data on the screen it gets inserted into the table behind implicitly

Please tell us the Steps as.
1. Entering Data and then what?
2. Press TAB or ENTER or NOTHING ...I mean what event your doing after that?
3. What is the Navigation channel to go to another Block
A Mouse Event or a Keyboard Event?
Javed.
Re: Implicit Insert happening in form [message #381722 is a reply to message #381291] Mon, 19 January 2009 07:37 Go to previous message
parag_narkhede
All above guys are correct. After providing information for current record, you must have written something in any trigger, which is doing things implicitly.

Previous Topic: Commit error inside form trigger
Next Topic: Problem with Raise FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 20:53:03 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10367 seconds