Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » DBMS_RLS - Reset/Invalidate the static policy predicate (Oracle 10g, Solaris)
DBMS_RLS - Reset/Invalidate the static policy predicate [message #381185] Thu, 15 January 2009 10:09
S.Rajaram
First of all I would like to apologise for unable to supply a full test case inline as I don't have access to the oracle database on the PC I am having internet connection. But fortunately I have come across a complete test case in asktom but unfortunately for me I am unable to find a solution to the problem. Here is the link to the question already posted in asktom :

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:1969395750585

In the above mentioned link if you could search for the post made on July 31, 2006 - 1pm US/Eastern by "Reader from Pittsburgh, PA".

direct link to that section supplied by moderator:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:1969395750585#69158250320304

I am facing exactly the same problem. Well I am not sure whether this is a problem or a feature. By mistake the application we are testing has introduced a wrong predicate to a policy and that policy is defined static for performance purposes. We have fixed it but to reflect the changes I need to bounce the database everytime. Ofcourse we could make the predicate dynamic and test it. But that's not the point. I would like to know is there any other way of doing it apart from bouncing the instance. I have searched for this in the usual places but no luck.

Any comments on this will be most welcome.

Regards

Raj

[Edit: ] I missed to supply the full oracle Version. We are using Oracle 10.2.0.4

[mod-edit: added direct link to referenced section]

[Updated on: Thu, 15 January 2009 22:57] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How can I apply outer join in this query
Next Topic: Encoding special characters in a long field for csv file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 06:52:37 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14367 seconds