Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » difference between onetime_where and default_where?
difference between onetime_where and default_where? [message #381023] Wed, 14 January 2009 22:12 Go to next message
ind9
Can anyone explain what is the difference between onetime_where and default_where?

If possible with an example.

Thanks
Re: difference between onetime_where and default_where? [message #381031 is a reply to message #381023] Wed, 14 January 2009 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What does the 'help' file say? What does the reference manual say?

We do NOT spoonfeed in this forum!

David
Re: difference between onetime_where and default_where? [message #381149 is a reply to message #381031] Thu, 15 January 2009 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
javed.khan

Hi,
As much I know
we use it for selecting data in master table which is not in child table
it reset the blocks with a where clause after the query.

You will store the current value of the DEFAULT_WHERE on the block, and then reinstate it once your query has completed.

If you're using forms 9i you can use ONETIME_WHERE.

Write Trigger on Pre_query of child bolck
begin
Set_Block_Property('Child Block',ONETIME_WHERE,'child_block.item IN (SELECT ..FROM table where ....);
end;

as i 've also never encountered a case to use of this feature so i think you should wait for Experts Advise...

Javed

[Updated on: Thu, 15 January 2009 07:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: difference between onetime_where and default_where? [message #381220 is a reply to message #381149] Thu, 15 January 2009 21:25 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please use the reference manual as a guide.
Oracle9i Forms Developer, Reference Guide
Any WHERE condition specified in the ONETIME_WHERE clause is appended to the query for the next execution only, i.e is a throw-away addition to the WHERE clause.

David
Previous Topic: TNS problem & TNS admin method (merged)
Next Topic: How to get number/list of all form procedures, functions and packages?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 18:45:10 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14157 seconds