|ORACLE DBA POSITION - SOUTH AFRICA [message #380196]
||Fri, 09 January 2009 08:28
Registered: January 2009
CALLING ALL SOUTH AFRICANS AND EXPATS WANTING TO COME HOME!|
Large outsourcing company is urgently looking for 2 x highly skilled Oracle resources to join us. If you have what it takes to out perform the crowd, contact us today!
Send your CV to theron.jacques at gmail dot com.
Description of responsibilities:
• Installation and configuration of Oracle Database Software.
• Analyze and resolve problem tickets relating to Oracle DBMS instances.
• Monitor and report on the Performance, Uptime of Oracle DBMS subsystems.
• Provide support to Users developing applications that access the DBMS.
• Participate in Logical and Physical Design of databases.
• Perform all functions/tasks according to processes and procedures
• Participate in design and formulation of proposals to clients.
• Participate in projects relating to team functions
• Standby according to time roster to allow 24 x 7 availability (no longer than 1 week at a time)
• Adhere to internal Admin processes (i.e. Time allocation per task, overtime, etc.)
• Participate as part of a team.
• Client focused
Qualifications and experience required:
• Matric (A Levels)
• Oracle Certification (required)
• RAC experience (2+ years essential)
• Solid work experience (at least 5 years) in the DBA Support environment.
• Application development or support experience will be an advantage
• Working knowledge of NT and AIX or Linux operating systems
• Knowledge of Oracle Applications/e-Business Suite will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
Knowledge Skills Personal attributes
• Oracle DBMS
• Open Source
• Database Administration Concepts
• Client liaison skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analytical skills
• Team player
• Self discipline
• Ability to work under pressure
• Commitment / Reliable
• Self Motivation