Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » trouble with non existent constraint
trouble with non existent constraint [message #379931] Thu, 08 January 2009 08:49 Go to next message
miroconnect@yahoo.com
I had a unique constraint for two colums on my table , I removed the constraint and tried insert , but the insert fails complaining unique constraint violation , this is the same constraint which I removed , so is there any addiitonal actions I should perform to remove the contraint, I also tried selecting the same constraint from

select column_name, position, constraint_name from User_cons_columns where constraint_name =EXTERNAL_AUDIT_GRANT_U1;

and no rows are returned , i cannot find that constraint anywhere , but still my insert fails with constraint violation which I removed, please help me resolve this ?
Re: trouble with non existent constraint [message #379932 is a reply to message #379931] Thu, 08 January 2009 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
There is probably still a unique index present.
Re: trouble with non existent constraint [message #379967 is a reply to message #379931] Thu, 08 January 2009 12:52 Go to previous message
joy_division
miroconnect@yahoo.com wrote on Thu, 08 January 2009 09:49

select column_name, position, constraint_name from User_cons_columns where constraint_name =EXTERNAL_AUDIT_GRANT_U1;

and no rows are returned

No surprise that it didn't return any rows. Invalid syntax will never return any rows.
Previous Topic: Stored procedure results into a temp table
Next Topic: sql%rowcount difference in two update statements.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 08:57:46 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06599 seconds