Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Hide Blanks in a List Item - Tricky Situation! (Forms 10g Windows)
Hide Blanks in a List Item - Tricky Situation! [message #379533] Tue, 06 January 2009 23:42 Go to next message
amit_yadav
Dear All,

Let me explain the set up first...
We have a Data Block A based on a join between two tables. In this data block we have a list item Note Type A and a text item Note Text A, both belongs to the secondary table of the join. This data block is the query data block of the form.
We have another Data Block B which is not the query data block but is in relation (as a child) with the Data Block A. Data Block B also has a list item Note Type B and a text item Note Text B, and these fields too refer to the same columns and table as the ones in Data Block A.
This arrangement is in place because business requires enabling query on only those note types which are listed in Note Type A. But once the records are fetched one should be able to see the data for Note Type B and Note Text B as well.

Now the problem is... when doing a query all for the Data Block A, those records which does not have any note type as listed in Note Type A but have note types as listed in Note Type B will not get listed. This is not desirable, so to fetch all records I have included the list item values of Note Type B in Note Type A and for these values list elements are kept blank. Because of these blank elements we now see a blank space in the list box which might cause a disagreement over the solution.
My question, is there a way we can avoid this blank space to be shown on the list box while keeping other things as they are, OR is there a different solution altogether to handle this whole requirement? Please suggest, and let me know if more details are required.

Thanks,
Amit

[Updated on: Tue, 06 January 2009 23:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hide Blanks in a List Item - Tricky Situation! [message #380015 is a reply to message #379533] Thu, 08 January 2009 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Your post needs a worked example. Mixing blocks and lists as you have is not meaningful. Blocks are blocks and have a relation. Lists are lists and are based on tables, not blocks.

Please post the query you are using for the list.

David
Re: Hide Blanks in a List Item - Tricky Situation! [message #380275 is a reply to message #380015] Sat, 10 January 2009 00:13 Go to previous message
amit_yadav
I was able to resolve the issue. This was related to the this thread here: http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/380273/136249/#msg_380273

Thanks for your input David.

Regards,
Amit
Previous Topic: How to query two data blocks simultaneously?
Next Topic: sum emp.sal before commit in tabular style
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 07:52:15 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10663 seconds