Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Concurrent Records
Concurrent Records [message #39358] Wed, 10 July 2002 14:44 Go to next message
gabriel kinovisques
1.-We have a system for sales transactions and another to print invoices and receipts for the sales transactions

2.-The system is installed in 50 stores.

3.-All the printed receipts has an unique invoice number, the invoice numbers are store in an database, so when the client ask for his receipt
the system goes to the database and picks the avalible number stored in the database but it did not locked.

4.-The issue is with concurrent records, two transations at the same time.

5.-For example one client ask for his receipt and it was printer the number 10, later the same client ask for a copy of this invoice, but we notice two
importand issues in the Oracle Database.

-The invoice number 10 belongs to another person
-We look the invoice by name and we notice that the system stored a different number for example 12

I am wondering if there is some way to find similar cases in the Database, like this where the system assigned a different number in the invoice printed and
in the information stored in the database.

Thanks for help and I hope not to confuse you very much with my explanation.
Kind Regards
Re: Concurrent Records [message #39364 is a reply to message #39358] Thu, 11 July 2002 09:32 Go to previous message
andrew again
I'm not sure that I really understand your case, but it sounds like when client A and B are having receipts printed at the same time then sometimes A gets B's receipt?

If so, I would look outside the database. e.g a temp file being created at the OS level. If two processes are using the same temp filename this can easily occur.
Previous Topic: "returning" in a dbms_sql.parse statement
Next Topic: Query with less rows takes less time ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:48:24 CDT 2024