Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » ORA-01036(2)
ORA-01036(2) [message #39323] Sun, 07 July 2002 20:52 Go to next message
Keiko.Y
Hi.
I'm facing to a problem that seems to caused by Oracle Version.
I got a program that had chacked running on oracle 8.1.7, and now I'm trying to run the programs at oracle 8.1.6., and I got an error that said ORA-01036.

Well, I had read some mails titled [[Re: ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number]]in this list and I checked some points wrote in it.
But I couldn't get it what were wrong.

Is anybody here who know the clue to solve this problem, or know the reason?
If there's, Please let me know what you know.

Thanx, in advance.
Re: ORA-01036(2) [message #39327 is a reply to message #39323] Mon, 08 July 2002 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
just Make sure that the variable being bound is in the SQL statement.
can you past the portion of code, that giving the error?
Re: ORA-01036(2) [message #39338 is a reply to message #39327] Mon, 08 July 2002 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keiko.Y
Thanx for your re-comment, Mr.Ragendran.
Well, I'm so sorry, but I can't show you the code.
The program that contain the SQL refers a lot of files. And the bind variable are declared in each of these reference files.
So, If I would show you all of them, It means maybe I supply you a system!

Well, I wanna get some hint.
Are there some different points that Oracle 8.1.6 and 8.1.7? Talking more, are there something change the method to declare variable depending version?
More Infomation, I developed using ProC*.

If you come up some idea with these info, please let me know again.
Well, I think that's all.
Re: ORA-01036(2) [message #41300 is a reply to message #39323] Mon, 16 December 2002 10:21 Go to previous message
Selvan
This my VB>NET code is giving ORA-01036 Error plz help me..

Dim prmCapxBudgetDeptStats() As OracleParameter = New OracleParameter(7) {}
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(0) = New OracleParameter("P_MODE", OracleType.VarChar, 20, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "", DataRowVersion.Default, Convert.DBNull)
If strMode = "BUD" Then
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(0).Value = "BUD"
Else
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(0).Value = "BUA"
End If
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(1) = New OracleParameter(" P_DEP_ID", OracleType.VarChar, 20, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "", DataRowVersion.Default, Convert.DBNull)
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(1).Value = Request.QueryString("depid")

prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(2) = New OracleParameter("P_ASSET_ID", OracleType.VarChar, 20, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "", DataRowVersion.Default, Convert.DBNull)
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(2).Value = Request.QueryString("assetid")

prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(3) = New OracleParameter("P_YEAR", OracleType.VarChar, 4, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "", DataRowVersion.Default, Convert.DBNull)
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(3).Value = Request.QueryString("year")

prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(4) = New OracleParameter("P_MAT_STATUS", OracleType.VarChar, 2, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "", DataRowVersion.Default, Convert.DBNull)
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(4).Value = "13"

prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(5) = New OracleParameter("P_APP_STATUS", OracleType.VarChar, 2, ParameterDirection.Input, True, 0, 0, "", DataRowVersion.Default, Convert.DBNull)
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(5).Value = "4"

prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(6) = New OracleParameter("P_MAXVAL", OracleType.Number, 20, ParameterDirection.Output, True, 0, 0, "", DataRowVersion.Default, Convert.DBNull)
prmCapxBudgetDeptStats(7) = New OracleParameter("P_GRAPHCAPEX_CUR", OracleType.Cursor, 20000, ParameterDirection.Output, True, 0, 0, "", DataRowVersion.Default, Convert.DBNull)

Dim drrMyDataReader As OracleDataReader = MyDataAccessHelper.OracleHelper.ExecuteReader(strMyConnection, CommandType.StoredProcedure, "CNC_SP_SearchCapexStats", prmCapxBudgetDeptStats)
Do While drrMyDataReader.Read ....

plz send it to me
Previous Topic: Pls help me its urgent
Next Topic: Index or Hint, which one is efficient?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 16:12:00 CDT 2024