Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » PRAGMA (oracle 9i)
PRAGMA [message #377073] Fri, 19 December 2008 19:47 Go to next message
Hi all,
i have already searched for 'what is PRAGMA?', but did not get proper answer. so what is PRAGMA? can u tell me in easy way?

thanks alot
Re: PRAGMA [message #377074 is a reply to message #377073] Fri, 19 December 2008 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
A pragma is an instruction (some code) in a pl/sql programming block that is processed when the program is compiled, before it is run. In pl/sql there are various pragmas. For example, pragma autonomous_transaction is used to process something as a standalone, separate from what called it, so that it can be committed separately, whether the calling program is committed or not. Pragma exception_init is used to declare an exception so that it can be handled in the exceptions section. Pragma restrict_references used to be required of functions in older database versions to ensure that such functions did not change a database state and so forth, but such things are handled automatically in current versions. There are others. If you search the online documentation for each, you will find plenty of examples and explanations. If there is some part that you don't understand, then please post a more specific question.
Re: PRAGMA [message #377085 is a reply to message #377073] Sat, 20 December 2008 01:06 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Database PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference
Index, scroll down to PRAGMA.

Previous Topic: How oracle locks child table with foreign keys?
Next Topic: Behaviur of UNION
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 24 01:03:23 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11386 seconds