Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Pushing data into Cache as fast as possible
Pushing data into Cache as fast as possible [message #38725] Wed, 08 May 2002 10:52 Go to next message
Jason Wiest
I'm working with a pkg that its job is to put data into Oracle's cache as fast as possible. I'll explain the reason why, later. I need to have a dynamic sql statement that joins on 2-7 tables depending upon different parameters that the user passes in. Right now I am using a weak ref cursor, opening it, and looping through each record like so.

FOR Rec IN crsr LOOP
NULL;
END LOOP;

This is actually working, and putting the data into cache, but it can be slow at times depending upon how many records it is pulling it back. Anyone have a better/faster approach at doing this?

Reason I need this pkg, is because I have a vb app that needs a lot of speed. The vb app will have the exact same query that the pl/sql pkg has. This pkg will run in the background querying Oracle until the vb app goes to execute the same query. When the vb app gets around to querying the database, the records are returned really fast to vb, because all of the data is in oracle's cache already. Hope this makes sense... Thoughts/suggestions????
Re: Pushing data into Cache as fast as possible [message #38732 is a reply to message #38725] Thu, 09 May 2002 04:09 Go to previous message
Suresh Vemulapalli
increase shared_pool_size .
Previous Topic: UTL_FILE questions, Urgent!!!
Next Topic: Text_io problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:53:53 CDT 2024