Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Display Item In form 6i
Display Item In form 6i [message #38637] Thu, 02 May 2002 09:11 Go to next message
Mark
Hello I'm trying to put a display item in the course block in forms 6i.
SQL> desc faculty
Name Null? Type
----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
FNUM NOT NULL VARCHAR2(3)
FNAME VARCHAR2(15)
DEPART VARCHAR2(10)
GENDER VARCHAR2(6)
SALARY NUMBER(6)

SQL> desc course
Name Null? Type
----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
CNUM NOT NULL VARCHAR2(6)
CNAME VARCHAR2(15)
TIME VARCHAR2(5)
ROOM VARCHAR2(5)
FNUM VARCHAR2(3)

Faculty is the master block, and course is a detailed block and they are joined by Faculty.FNUM=course.FNUM

I want to put and display all faculty and all course filds(no problem with this, but I want to put a diplay item in the course block and display FNAME? Thanks and hope this is clear.
Mark
Re: Display Item In form 6i [message #38639 is a reply to message #38637] Thu, 02 May 2002 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon
It's been a while since I've done Forms programming, but its easy to put a display item in the block. Just add the item in the layout editor while in the context of the block. Be sure to make the DATABASE ITEM property = 'NO'. Also, if you only want to show it once (I assume the course is a multi-record block), make "Number of Items Displayed" = NO. You can set "Copy Value from Item" to get the value from the faculty block.
Re: Display Item In form 6i [message #38776 is a reply to message #38637] Tue, 14 May 2002 03:09 Go to previous message
Rajen
Hi you need to create a trigger at block level (post / pre query trigger ) and inside the trigger ad the following code :
BEGIN
SELECT faculty.NAME
INTO :course.name
FROM courses
WHERE faculty.fnum=course.fnum
EXCEPTION
when no_data_found then
msg('SYS',1....);
when too_many_rows then
msg('SYS',2....);
END;
Previous Topic: sql query