Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » how to assign the database link dynamically to a table
how to assign the database link dynamically to a table [message #38587] Mon, 29 April 2002 08:24 Go to next message
ksr
Hi,

I want to select the records from different database(same table existing on all the database) and update them.
I have 3 separate database,so i have created 3 different database links.I want to assign the 3 different database links to the select statement one after the another and update the tables.

I want something like this..

create or replace procedure test() is

arr1(1):= lnk.db1.com;
arr1(2):= lnk.db2.com;
arr1(3):= lnk.db3.com;

cursor c1 is select * from table1@ --want to assign database links
---------------------------------------
How to assign the differnt database links to the cursor (table name )dynamically..or if not through cursor is there any other way...

begin
for 1 ..array count loop
for cursor in c1 loop
update table@ --again assign the database link here..
end loop;
end loop;
end;

How do i write this code..
Re: how to assign the database link dynamically to a table [message #38590 is a reply to message #38587] Mon, 29 April 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd Barry
Do you really need to have a cursor loop here? Why not just:

for i in 1..arr1.count loop
  execute immediate 'update table@' ||  arr1(i) || ' set ...';
end loop;
Re: how to assign the database link dynamically to a table [message #38610 is a reply to message #38587] Tue, 30 April 2002 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ksr
Hi,
Actually i will be retrieving lot of records based on various conditions, then i will crosscheck with another table and wither insert ot update accordingly,
so i need a cursor at any cost.

How to do with the cursor
Re: how to assign the database link dynamically to a table [message #38617 is a reply to message #38610] Tue, 30 April 2002 09:05 Go to previous message
Todd Barry
Well, you'll have to use dynamic SQL as described in my reply to you in the other thread (weak ref cursor open v_rc for 'select * from table@' || v_dblink(i) || ...') and then execute immediate to do the update.
Previous Topic: limiting number of rows in a group by function call
Next Topic: how to get the value of count(*) in plsql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:02:21 CDT 2024