Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Retrieving MS Word doc stored in BLOB column
Retrieving MS Word doc stored in BLOB column [message #38482] Mon, 22 April 2002 06:23 Go to next message
Jazz
Dear Friends,

I've been able to store my MS Word documents in BLOB columns using the DBMS_LOB package. (My platform is Oracle 8i + Forms 6i).

But now I would like to retrieve the MS Word documents to the File System so that the user can modify and save them back to the database. Could you please let me know how to do this.

I've been struggling for the past 2 days on this. Any help and pointers would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Jazz
Re: Retrieving MS Word doc stored in BLOB column [message #38483 is a reply to message #38482] Mon, 22 April 2002 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
This site may help you. Good examples.

http://www.akadia.com/cover.html
Re: Retrieving MS Word doc stored in BLOB column (Database package required) [message #38494 is a reply to message #38483] Mon, 22 April 2002 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazz
Thanks.

I am looking for any database package/builtin that can help me save the BLOB data to the File System (I am not using any Java code/components in my application - the site gives me examples in Java).

Please can u let me know of any such package.
Re: Retrieving MS Word doc stored in BLOB column [message #38506 is a reply to message #38483] Tue, 23 April 2002 07:26 Go to previous message
Jazz
Hi Grant,

I've got the solution. I used external procedure (OCI calls) along with DBMS_LOB to achieve the desired result.

Thanks for the help,
Jazz
Previous Topic: Calling a Cobol Prgm
Next Topic: Spool command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:10:29 CDT 2024