Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Direct Path Load help needed
Direct Path Load help needed [message #38243] Wed, 03 April 2002 20:55 Go to next message
Ananya
Hi,

I have used direct path load for upload of data from flat files into Oracle.I find that the data gets uploaded with duplicate values inspite of having primary keys specified.How can I prevent duplicate values from entering Oracle in a direct path load?
The log displays that the upload has duplicate values, however the records are not rejected.Please help
Re: Direct Path Load help needed [message #38261 is a reply to message #38243] Fri, 05 April 2002 03:18 Go to previous message
jim
If I'm not mistaken, direct path loads "temporaily disable" the primary key constraints. Not really diables but doesn't use them until all the data has been loaded, then tries to rebuild the index, if it finds duplicates, it leaves your index in an unusable state. the only time a record is rejected for primary keys are when one of the columns in the unique index is "NULL". This is acoording to the 8.1.7 Server Utilities Documentation Guide. I would recommend you try reading the section, it's pretty thorough on direct loads. also, I belive you could use the "exceptions into" to identify the culprits.

Regards

Jim
Previous Topic: How to store photos or gif images into database
Next Topic: 3 million records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:19:18 CDT 2024