Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Collection consisting of another collection?
Collection consisting of another collection? [message #38074] Mon, 18 March 2002 04:37 Go to next message
Mats
Hello.
I'm trying to create a collection that consist of another collection.
Is it possible?
I have tried two ways:

1. To create a record1 and a table1 where table1 then is used in record2 and table2.
It is not allowed.

2. To create an object1 and include it a varray1 where varray1 is used in object2 and varray2 (see below).
It is not allowed.

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE XXHB_Statement AS OBJECT (
type_name varchar2(100),
short_description varchar2(2000),
description varchar2(32767)
);

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE XXHB_Statement_Varray AS VARRAY(100) OF XXHB_Statement;

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE XXHB_Solution AS OBJECT (
id number(15),
score number(15),
type_id number(15),
type_name varchar2(100),
name varchar2(1000),
description varchar2(1000),
statements XXHB_Statement_Varray
);

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE XXHB_Solution_Varray AS VARRAY(100) OF XXHB_Solution;
Re: Collection consisting of another collection? [message #38075 is a reply to message #38074] Mon, 18 March 2002 05:03 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
sorry , u r not allowed to do that as "Oracle8 and Oracle8i supported only one level of nesting for collections", but u can do the same in 9i.

if u try to do so u will end up with error

Error: PLS-535
Text: A VARRAY type may not contain a NESTED TABLE, VARRAY or LOB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cause: An attempt was made to do one of the following: define a VARRAY type containing a nested collection type or LOB or define a VARRAY type of an object type that has a nested attribute which is one of NESTED TABLE, VARRAY or LOB type.

Action: Check the VARRAY definitions to be sure that they do not contain nested colection types, LOBs or nested attributes.
Previous Topic: Is it possible to call a oracle stored procedure Directly using VB Application ?
Next Topic: Error - Ora 900
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:48:07 CDT 2024