Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Reason of SQL Performance
Reason of SQL Performance [message #37642] Mon, 18 February 2002 18:23 Go to next message
Suparna Saha
Hi,
I have written an application using Power Builder6.0 and Oracle7. I have written a SQL which will retrieve data from dufferent tables. As per requirement there are lot of substr, trim functions in SQL Statement and where clause is also complicated. It is taking 10min to retrieve data. Now suddenly it is taking 50min/40min. I increase tablespace. But result is same. Then I reinstall Oracle. Now it is taking 10min. What is the reason behind it? If anybody knows please mail me. Thanks.
Re: Reason of SQL Performance [message #37643 is a reply to message #37642] Mon, 18 February 2002 18:47 Go to previous message
Satish Shrikhande
Suparna ,
As you said you using functions if those are on index column , that might be one reason of pooor performance , you will have to check it first .
Next thing is you don't need to increase the size of tablespace that will not work .

--Estimate the size of table
--Do not use SYSETM Tablespace , create one seperate
--The problems might be due to database disorganization. Database disorganization occurs when a database's logical and physical storage allocations contain many scattered areas of storage that are too small, not physically contiguous, or too disorganized to be used productively.
--Fragmentation and Row Chaining
Previous Topic: Procedures
Next Topic: .. Where myid=yourid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:51:58 CDT 2024