Home » Infrastructure » Unix » End Of File marker?
End Of File marker? [message #366976] Sat, 26 February 2000 08:37 Go to next message
Dale Lane
Hi
Trying to write a UNIX shell script (bash). Am *very* new to UNIX so please help!

Am trying to write a script that (among other things) schedules a mail to be sent at a set time. I am trying to use the "at" command. However, when the script invokes the at command, after giving it the commands in the script, it leaves the terminal at the "at" prompt. Only way to continue being for the user to have to use Control-D to show end-of-file. This is lame - dont want the user to have to do this before the script can continue! How can I get the script to do this, and then continue?

Is there an end of file marker, or anything like this?

Many thanks

D
Re: End Of File marker? [message #366993 is a reply to message #366976] Tue, 28 March 2000 17:05 Go to previous message
RJohnson
FWIW, I use cron instead of AT. All you have to do is create a script that will do what you want when you invoke it from the command line. use that same syntax in your cronfile.

btw, if you are interested in a good intro text to unix stuff, I have found O'reilly's _Unix in a Nutshell_ to be quite helpful.

feel free to drop me a note if you want me to send you an example.
Previous Topic: Disk Read Buffering
Next Topic: How to change the default screen print directory in forms 3.0 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:44:50 CDT 2024