Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » CREATING A NEW SCHEMA?
CREATING A NEW SCHEMA? [message #37355] Fri, 01 February 2002 11:42 Go to next message
CATHYBEE
How do i create a new schema..
I have the script to create all the tables and indexes etc..(ERWIN generated).

So how do i create a different schema..

Can I port data across 2 schemas..
Example:
IF TABLE1 IS IN SCHEMA1 and
TABLE2 IS IN SCHEMA2..

CAN I FETCH RECORDS FROM SCHEMA1.TABLE1 AND INSERT IT INTO SCHEMA2.TABLE2?

IF THE ANSWER IS YES, WHAT IS THE BEST WAY OF DOING IT?? USING A PROCEDURE AND A CURSOR OR HOW?
Re: CREATING A NEW SCHEMA? [message #37356 is a reply to message #37355] Fri, 01 February 2002 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DTTcon
I assume that you have created all the table already, if so log into SQlWORK SHEET and start run you scripts.
Can i use the schema manager to create a new schema [message #37358 is a reply to message #37355] Fri, 01 February 2002 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CATHYBEE
Can i use the schema manager to create a new schema under the same username?
If not, than can you send me the exact syntax to create a new schema and grant privileges?

thanx
Re: CREATING A NEW SCHEMA? [message #37398 is a reply to message #37355] Wed, 06 February 2002 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Armani D
Hello CathyBee,

You cannot use Schema Manager to create a new schema. You can use Security Manager to create one. Remeber that in essence a new user is actually a schema. So you can go through the process of creating a new user with your desired name that you wish you schema to be and password and tablespace as well.

When you want to copy tables from one schema to another; the best method is by using export/import utilities on the server itsellf.

i.e.

$ Exp schema1/passwd file=tables.dmp buffer=102400 full=y log=log.log

This will export the entire schema into a dump file called "tables.dmp"

NOW IMPORT

$ imp schema2/passwd file=tables.dmp buffer=102400 full=y ignore=y log=schema2.log

you can check your logs for any errors....

Cheers !

Armani
Re: how do i access schema manager if its not under the program list. [message #38883 is a reply to message #37355] Thu, 23 May 2002 10:54 Go to previous message
Chris
someone installed oracle 8.0.5. and deleted the icons under the programs list.

i need to access schema manger how do i do it?

please advise a.s.a.p.
Previous Topic: type array PLS-00103: Encountered
Next Topic: Count of unique values of a field in a table.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:07:20 CDT 2024