Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Should I recreate this standby database? (10.2.0.4.0)
Should I recreate this standby database? [message #365068] Wed, 10 December 2008 17:02 Go to next message
hsanch
I recently created a standby database in 10g/hpux, using ASM for the Oracle files and the diskgroups are named the same in both servers. I have 2 diskgroups: 'Diskdat' and 'disklog'.

When creating the standby database the Rman restore completed successfully, however, when I mounted the standby I started getting the following errors for each redolog group (I have 9):
ORA-00313: open failed for members of log group 1 of thread 1
ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: '+DISKLOG/socp/onlinelog/redo01a.log'
ORA-17503: ksfdopn:2 Failed to open file +DISKLOG/socp/onlinelog/redo01a.log
ORA-15173: entry 'socp' does not exist in directory '/'

So I went in thru ‘asmcmd’ and created +DISKLOG/socp/onlinelog and in sqlplus I dropped and added all the redologs except 1. Group 6 which was in ‘CLEANING’ status does not let me drop and create.
At this point the archive logs are applying and things appear to be fine, but every time I start the standby database on recovery mode I still getting the error on group 6.
Should I recreate my Standby? or will Oracle reset redolog 6 when I open it as the primary?

[EDITED by LF: fixed a typo in topic's title; was "tandby"]

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2008 00:15] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Should I recreate this standby database? [message #366319 is a reply to message #365068] Fri, 12 December 2008 15:36 Go to previous message
hsanch
You can safely ignore these messages. Online redo logs
will be created automatically when you activate the standby after switchover or fai
lover.

If you want to fix these messages then please use following steps:

1. Check and set "log_file_name_convert" parameter if the location of log files ar
e different on primary and standby.

SQL> alter system set log_file_name_convert = "'<location on primary>','<location on standby>'" scope=spfile;

For 10gR2 only : Set this parameter even if the location of the redo logs
are same on both primary and standby otherwise you may get ORA-19527 and ORA-312 while
or after implementing the below steps.
This is due to internal bug in 10.2.

a) Drop the standby redo logfile group(s) (check v$standby_log)

SQL> alter database drop standby logfile group 4;

(b) Recreate the standby logfile group(s)
Previous Topic: parameter not modifiable
Next Topic: problem in recover physical standby database(Data Guard) by rman
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:46:52 CDT 2024