Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Finding Report Server Name (Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production), Microsoft Xp)
Finding Report Server Name [message #362055] Sun, 30 November 2008 05:40 Go to next message
ashutosh.chowdhary
Hi All,
I am calling reports from the forms for that I have hard code the report server name in my code.
Is there is any alternative to set the report server name dynamically at run time, means how to find the report server name and pass that into as a parameter in my code.

Regards,
Ashutosh
Re: Finding Report Server Name [message #362550 is a reply to message #362055] Wed, 03 December 2008 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'find report server name'. There are many threads on running reports.

Why do you need to know the name? There is normally only one report server per installation. If you are running multiple Application Server then you pool the report servers.

David
Re: Finding Report Server Name [message #366287 is a reply to message #362055] Fri, 12 December 2008 11:53 Go to previous message
kwilla2001
Hi Ashutosh,
I had the same situation a few days ago and this is what I did:
First locate the name of the reports server. it's usually the name of a file starting with rep_ in the /reports/server folder. or get it from the rwservlet, for example rep_s1_rep_server.
You need to modify formsweb.cfg : the line that starts with otherparms in your configuration, append to that line the following: REPORTSERVER=rep_s1_rep_server
In your form you need to add a new parameter REPORTSERVER. and before you call your report use the value from this parameter to pass it in the call.
I hope this helps.

M~
Previous Topic: Legacy software
Next Topic: how to upload data from a client file to database in forms 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 08:52:52 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05560 seconds