Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » hadling set serverout put on on package/procedures (8i)
hadling set serverout put on on package/procedures [message #361462] Wed, 26 November 2008 09:19 Go to next message
satishk
Hi,

Can you pelisse some one let me know..

How can we enable/handle set server output on in package/Procedures.....

Thanks,
Pavan K
Re: hadling set serverout put on on package/procedures [message #361463 is a reply to message #361462] Wed, 26 November 2008 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajavu1

No . Its basically client tool specific.

Nothing to do with procedures or packages.

Smile
Rajuvan.
Re: hadling set serverout put on on package/procedures [message #361464 is a reply to message #361462] Wed, 26 November 2008 09:25 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
You can't.

Retrieving data posted by DBMS_OUTPUT is something is only generally done by a client,

If you're hoping to be able to turn this on for a client from within a procedure, then you're fresh out of luck.

It is possible to use the GET_LINE and GET_LINES procedures from DBMS_OUTPUT to retrieve data manually, but I've been coding oracle for 15 years, and never found a reason to do it yet.

I strongly suspect that DBMS_OUTPUT is not the tool that you need for whatever it is you're trying to do.
Previous Topic: how to convert hexadecimal value into numeric
Next Topic: group by with tricks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 10:57:58 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07618 seconds