Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Generate OpenOffice document with CLIENT_OLE2 (10g)
Generate OpenOffice document with CLIENT_OLE2 [message #361453] Wed, 26 November 2008 08:39 Go to next message
joelhc
Hi,

I want to generate .odt text documents and .ods spreadsheets using CLIENT_OLE2 (Forms 10.1.2.2.0).

I haven't found anything about this. Only a little bit of code that doesnt' work.
Now I'm trying with the code below but it doesn't work.
PROCEDURE create doc IS  
xlApp client_OLE2.OBJ_TYPE;
xframe client_OLE2.OBJ_TYPE;
xlSheets client_OLE2.OBJ_TYPE;
xaux client_OLE2.OBJ_TYPE;
arg_list client_OLE2.LIST_TYPE;
arg_list2 client_OLE2.LIST_TYPE;
xarg client_OLE2.LIST_TYPE;

BEGIN
--xlApp := OLE2.CREATE_OBJ( 'com.sun.star.servicemanager');
xlApp := client_OLE2.CREATE_OBJ('com.sun.star.ServiceManager');
arg_list := client_OLE2.CREATE_ARGLIST;
client_ole2.add_arg(arg_list,'com.sun.star.frame.Desktop');
xframe := client_OLE2.INVOKE_OBJ(xlApp,'createInstance',arg_list);
--xaux := client_OLE2.INVOKE_OBJ(xlApp,'createInstance',arg_list);
arg_list2 := client_OLE2.CREATE_ARGLIST;
client_ole2.add_arg(arg_list2,'private:factory/swriter');
client_ole2.add_arg(arg_list2,'_blank');
client_ole2.add_arg(arg_list2,0);
client_ole2.add_arg(arg_list2,xarg);
xlSheets := client_OLE2.INVOKE_OBJ(xframe,'loadComponentFromURL',arg_list2);
end;

Can someone help me? Thanks in advance,

Joel
Re: Generate OpenOffice document with CLIENT_OLE2 [message #361573 is a reply to message #361453] Thu, 27 November 2008 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What does "it doesn't work" mean? It doesn't compile, doesn't generate, doesn't run? Do you get an error message? Does it fail at a particular line?

Search this forum for 'client_ole'. There are many threads concerning the use of 'ole2' and 'client_ole2'.

David
Re: Generate OpenOffice document with CLIENT_OLE2 [message #361590 is a reply to message #361573] Thu, 27 November 2008 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joelhc
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The code compiles well but in the execution appears this error
Error: 100501: non-Oracle exception

I think the problem is in the last line

because if I comment it, the execution doesn't fail (although nothing happens).

Of course, I've searched in this forum and in the rest of the net about this but I haven't found anything. All the documentation is to generate a excel or word document.

To solve the .ods spreadsheet problem, as a temporal solution, I'm going to create XML text file and then open (client_host) with Lotus Symphony.

But for the .odt document....I don't know!!

Joel
Re: Generate OpenOffice document with CLIENT_OLE2 [message #361737 is a reply to message #361590] Thu, 27 November 2008 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Put 'message; pause;' pairs between EVERY line of code and prove which statement is failing.

David
Re: Generate OpenOffice document with CLIENT_OLE2 [message #361810 is a reply to message #361737] Fri, 28 November 2008 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joelhc
Hi,
it fails here:

Thanks,

Joel
Re: Generate OpenOffice document with CLIENT_OLE2 [message #362355 is a reply to message #361810] Tue, 02 December 2008 00:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't understand '0' as argument three and I don't like 'xarg' as argument four.

I had a look at http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/frame/XComponentLoader.html which points to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Spreadsheets/Handling_Spreadsheet_Documents_Files#Creating_and_Loadin g_Spreadsheet_Documents and I think you need to review a few more examples on the web concerning these two parameters.

David
Previous Topic: NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS
Next Topic: where i can get JavaBeans for sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 29 21:56:08 CDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07785 seconds