Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recover from missing files(redo log file/control file)
Recover from missing files(redo log file/control file) [message #359979] Wed, 19 November 2008 01:33 Go to next message
Zerandib
Hello,

i hv go through the doc. as well. But have some doubts what will happen in each on these situations.
Pls help me to clarify these!

Scenario is like this;
hv 3 redo log files - multiplxed
hv 3 control files - multiplxed

- What will happen if 1 redo log file missing when starting the DB?
- What will happen if 1 redo log file missing when using(performing operations) the DB?
(will it recover automatically/db abort/even redo log lost will the DB run as usual... ?)
-How to recover this lost redo log?

- What will happen if 1 control file missing when starting the DB?
- What will happen if 1 control file missing when using(performing operations) the DB?
(will it recover automatically/db abort/even control file lost will the DB run as usual... ?)
-How to recover this lost redo log?

thanks
Re: Recover from missing files(redo log file/control file) [message #359992 is a reply to message #359979] Wed, 19 November 2008 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
All these are answered in the documentation, so please read it again.

Regards
Michel
Re: Recover from missing files(redo log file/control file) [message #406512 is a reply to message #359992] Thu, 04 June 2009 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kcpadmesh

Hi Can you pl let me know where is the documentation which you have mentioned has the answers for the questions...
send me the link or the doc to
kcpadmesh@gmail.com

Please send various scenarios and its solutions also.

Thank you
Really appreciate your help

Padmesh
Re: Recover from missing files(redo log file/control file) [message #406532 is a reply to message #406512] Thu, 04 June 2009 07:50 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
User-Managed Media Recovery Scenarios, for instance.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Recovery Catalog RMAN
Next Topic: can anyone help me to restore tables from full offline backup.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:12:26 CDT 2024