Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Sql Queries Performance Problem (Oracle 10g)
Sql Queries Performance Problem [message #358362] Mon, 10 November 2008 21:09 Go to next message
Dear Experts,

I had a requirement for developing DashBoard application which diplays more than 30 fields of different data. Each and every field will be from different Query. I have designed a Package placing all the 30 queries inside it and populated a temporary table with results from the above 30 queries by storing the results in temporary variables. From the frontEnd(VB.NET)I have populated it from the temporary table. The Problem now is when I tried to launch the application it is taking more than 6Min to populate from the database.

So Im requesting you provide me a solution which can improve the performace of the application

Thanks in Advance
Re: Sql Queries Performance Problem [message #358378 is a reply to message #358362] Tue, 11 November 2008 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can first read:
- OraFAQ Forum Guide, Performance Tuning section
- How to Identify Performance Problem and Bottleneck
- OraFAQ Performance Tuning
- Rosco's SQL Tuning Guide

You can also have a look at Database Performance Tuning Guide.

Re: Sql Queries Performance Problem [message #358566 is a reply to message #358378] Tue, 11 November 2008 20:56 Go to previous message
Use SQL Trace and TKPROF to show what the database is doing in those 6 minutes.

Post the TKPROF output here if you have further questions.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: SAP4.7 installation SQL ERROR
Next Topic: dumping data to text file(urgent)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 23 04:42:20 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04287 seconds